Museum Free Days
Free Days include Happy Birthday Pasadena (June), which celebrates Pasadena’s history and diverse community with fun for all ages. PMH also provides free admission and entertaining public programming for community collaborations such as Museums of the Arroyo (MOTA) Day (May) and ArtNight Pasadena (March and October). In addition, one Family Free Day is held in conjunction with each exhibition.
Upcoming Free Day
Chalk-ful of Fun Day
Sunday, August 6, 1:00 to 4:00 pm
All are invited to spend a summer afternoon with free exhibition admission and activities. Veteran chalk artists will create lizards, snakes, and squirrels along “art alley” and you are encouraged to add your own chalk creatures to the longest collaborative mural you’ve ever seen. Supported in part by the Rotary Club Pasadena Foundation.
- Meet veteran Pasadena Chalk Festival artists & enjoy their work
- Add chalk creatures to the “art alley” collaborative mural
- Free make-your-own ice cream sundaes
- Learn to play marbles, pick-up sticks, jacks, and other games that children have enjoyed for centuries
- Free admission to Railroad & Chalk Art Exhibitions
Image: Chalk lizard by Jessica Edelstein, MOTA 2017. Photo by Jim Staub.