Textile Arts Council
The Textile Arts Council is a supplement to general membership. The mission of PMH’s Textile Arts Council is to preserve and perpetuate the textile arts through educational programs and Museum exhibitions. The Council’s goal is to connect the history of fiber arts with their contemporary creative expression. The Textile Arts Council sponsors at least two textile-related lectures per year and hosts one event exclusively for Textile Arts Council members. The museum also strives to display a textile-related exhibition approximately every two years.
Visitors may experience traffic & parking challenges the weekend of 6/23 & 6/24
Currently, PMH is presenting an exhibition celebrating the history and fashions of the Pasadena Tournament of Roses® Royal Court, which will celebrate its 100th Rose Queen® in 2018. Royals of Pasadena: Rose Queen® and Royal Court, will be open through February 11, 2018. One of the exhibition curators offered an exclusive tour for Textile Arts Council members in the fall.
Our 2018 programming will consist of at least two public lectures and one exclusive event. We hope you join us for the first lecture, From Fragile to Funky: Flowers in Fashionable Fabrics: 1500 to 2000, on February 8, 2018 with FIDM Museum's Leigh Wishner.
Special thanks to our Gold Needle members - Karen & Steve Craig, Elissa De Angelo, Hazel Kelly, Lisa & Richard Kornblith, Marguerite Marsh, Edgar & Sheryl Peters, and Susan Stevens!
We would also like to thank our Organizational Sponsor - Bobbinwinders Handweaving Guild!
Detail of Vogue magazine cover, June 1919 (Ephemera Collection)
Membership Levels & Benefits
Sterling Needle - $25
- Two guest passes to all textile exhibitions (you and a guest already get in free as general Museum Members)
- Up to a 50% discount on tickets for selected programs
- Invitation to a complimentary, exclusive Textile Arts Council event (held annually)
Gold Needle - $100
All Silver Needle privileges plus…
- Free admission for two to a select textile arts program of your choice
- Recognition on the Museum's website
Organizational Sponsors - $250
For your members. . .
- Half price admission to all textile exhibitions for member and a guest
- Up to a 50% discount on tickets for selected programs for member and a guest
- Half price admission for textile exhibition group tours
Your organization will also be recognized on the Museum’s website
All membership levels (except Organizational Sponsor) must be combined with a PMH general membership.
For further information, please call us at 626.577.1660, ext. 11 or email us at email@example.com.